At The Wholesale House, we have always prided ourselves on giving our customers exactly what they want, which means giving them a wide variety of quality flooring options. Now you’ll find we are also your number one source for green flooring in Santa Cruz, CA. Below are our top five green flooring options that you need to see to believe:
- Cork: Although fairly new to the world of flooring, cork is making a big impact as a green flooring option. Cork is harvested form the cork oak tree, which does not need to be cut down, and the harvested branches grow back in about three years. Cork also naturally repels mold, mites and other insects and is excellent for reducing allergens in the home. Besides being naturally awesome, cork also does a great job of insulating against heat and cold. With a variety of possible finishes, colors and even design styles, cork is at the top of our list for green flooring options.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is another fast-growing plant, with a life cycle of just 3 to 5 years, which makes bamboo flooring highly sustainable. Unlike cork, bamboo is not a wood, but actually a grass-like fiber. Don’t think that makes bamboo less durable, however. Bamboo flooring is actually very durable and easy to maintain. Although it is lighter than some other hardwood flooring options, bamboo still comes in a variety of colors and styles to fit any interior design.
- Wool carpeting: While wool may bring to mind cuddly sweaters and warm scarves, wool is actually a great material for carpeting, too. Wool carpet is completely eco-friendly and comes in every color imaginable. Plus, it is one of the most durable forms of carpeting. Although wool carpet may be more expensive than carpets made of other materials, it lasts much longer and we guarantee you’ll appreciate its superior feel and quality.
- Linoleum: Linoleum has been around for a while and may not be the newest type of flooring on our list, but that doesn’t make it inferior to the other types of flooring we’ve mentioned so far. Linoleum is made of a combination of cork dust, linseed oil, and other tree resins, which makes it very eco-friendly. Now made in more modern color options, design styles, and finishes, linoleum is definitely making a comeback in the flooring world.
- Sisal flooring: Last but definitely not least, sisal flooring is made from the fibers of the sisal agave, which are incredibly tough and strong. Like cork, sisal is another flooring option that is great for asthmatics and people who suffer from allergies. Low-maintenance, durable and versatile, sisal flooring is another quality flooring option that is also good for the environment.
If you care about the environment but also want quality flooring that looks great, stop in and check out all of our options for green flooring in Santa Cruz, CA at The Wholesale House. We promise you won’t be disappointed with our selection or our prices. Come see us soon!
Categorised in: Green Flooring
This post was written by Writer