Hardwood floors have finally become popular again. Turn on any home remodeling show on HGTV or TLC and you’ll see homeowners ripping up linoleum and carpeting to expose and refinish the old hardwood underneath. Other homeowners are installing hardwood floors in their homes where they previously did not exist.
Clearly, hardwood floors add a lot of beauty and elegance to your home. But they are beneficial in ways that go beyond aesthetics. With this in mind, here are some of the biggest benefits of hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA:
- Versatility: If you plan to be in your home for a long time, there’s a good chance your taste in style and décor will eventually change. The great thing about hardwood flooring from a design standpoint is that it goes with just about anything. It won’t clash with your décor, and you can choose from a wide variety of colors and finishes, even if you eventually need to refinish to get the look you want to perfectly match the rest of your interior.
- Low maintenance: Hardwood floors are extremely easy to keep clean. You can sweep, dry mop or vacuum once a week or so to remove dirt and dust. In general, you only need to do about one deep cleaning per year. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the floor harboring allergens like you do with carpets.
- Durability: Hardwood flooring is extremely strong and durable. Sure, it can be scratched, but even scratches take a lot to form. If the surface does get scratched or scuffed, in many cases all it takes is a quick spot cleaning in the area to remove. Otherwise, your wood floor should last many decades.
- Better air quality: We touched on this briefly already, but there are health benefits associated with hardwood floors as well. Unlike carpets, hardwood floors do not trap dust, animal dander, pollen and other types of allergens. This means you’ll benefit from improved air quality throughout your home. Even though tile and laminate floors don’t have the fibers to trap allergens, they still have embossing and grout lines, which attract dust in ways hardwood floors simply don’t.
- Environmentally friendly: Most of the hardwoods used in today’s floors are grown and sustainably harvested by responsible producers, who grow the trees specifically for use in flooring applications. Reliance on laminate and other common flooring materials is not nearly as good for the environment.
- Added home value: Buyers pay more for houses that have hardwood floors than they do for those with carpeted floors. The main reason is that buyers don’t want used carpet, as they see it as a collection of the previous owner’s germs and allergens. Hardwood is cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing and more durable, which makes it much more valuable. Homebuyers are always on the lookout for houses that have hardwood floors in most rooms.
For more information about the benefits of hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA, we encourage you to contact our team today.
Categorised in: Hardwood Flooring
This post was written by Writer