The Benefits of Vinyl Flooring in Santa Cruz, CAJune 28, 2018 7:41 pm Leave your thoughts
Vinyl flooring started to become popular in the United States just after World War II, and by the 1950s it was a major player in the flooring industry, especially for bathrooms and kitchens. Today it continues to be a popular option for its versatility and cost effectiveness.
While vinyl flooring in Santa Cruz, CA is certainly not without its drawbacks, there are plenty of advantages that make it an attractive option for homeowners. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- Few maintenance needs: Vinyl flooring is quite easy to maintain. If you regularly sweep it and use damp mops with vinyl floor cleaners, you’ll be able to clear away most of the dirt and stains that accumulate, and you won’t need to undertake any more significant cleaning steps than that. This makes vinyl one of the easiest types of flooring to care for.
- Water resistant: Well-installed vinyl flooring is usually impervious to water, which is why it’s so popular in bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms, or any other rooms in which there are high levels of moisture. There are some types of vinyl flooring that are designed to be fully waterproof as well.
- Comfortable: Vinyl does not get cold in the winter like ceramic tiles, and is also more comfortable under your feet. Many vinyl tiles or sheets have a sort of padding underneath the top layer, which helps make walking on them even more comfortable.
- Cost effective: Vinyl flooring can cost as little as 50 cents per square foot, and even the more expensive options are only really moderately expensive, especially when compared to hardwood floors or other more expensive flooring choices. There are some high-end, luxury vinyl flooring materials that can cost up to $10 per square foot, but this is still less expensive than other types of luxury flooring. Therefore, vinyl is often one of the best flooring choices for homeowners on a budget who are looking for some versatility.
- Durable: Vinyl is extremely durable. As long as you properly install and maintain the material, it should last you a couple decades. Of course, this also depends on the quality of the material you purchase, and the way the company manufactured it. You’ll want to look for solid and composite vinyl tiles, as they are homogenous and more resistant to damage. Printed vinyl is only as durable as the clear top layer, though it is more stain resistant.
- Easy to install: Vinyl tiles and planks are very easy to install, as long as you have properly prepared the subfloor. Depending on the size of the area you are flooring, you can typically accomplish it within a day or less.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with vinyl flooring in Santa Cruz, CA. If you have any questions about the variety of flooring options we provide or are interested in learning more about the advantages of vinyl as a flooring material, we encourage you to contact the team at The Wholesale House today.
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring
This post was written by Writer