How to Prepare for Carpet CleaningJuly 25, 2018 2:43 pm Leave your thoughts
One of the best ways to protect the investment you make in your carpet is to have it professionally cleaned on a regular basis. This will keep your carpet looking and feeling great and prevent it from developing unwanted smells that will certainly damage the appeal of your home.
If you’ve decided to schedule a professional carpet cleaning, you should know how to prepare for the appointment to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible. Here are some tips from our carpet store in Santa Cruz, CA to help you prepare for your carpet cleaning appointment:
- Vacuum: There are some carpet cleaning companies that will vacuum your carpets before they begin the actual deep cleaning process, but we recommend doing it yourself to save some time. Vacuum all carpets and rugs that are to be cleaned shortly before the cleaners arrive so you can be sure you’re all set to go when they get there.
- Clean off baseboards and vents: This isn’t an absolutely necessary task, but it can at least help remove some extra debris to prevent it from getting on the carpet right after it’s been cleaned. You can either wipe these areas clean with a rag and an all-purpose cleaner, or you can use a shop vac if there’s been a lot of dust that’s already built up.
- Put valuables and breakable items away: Remove any items that are fragile or valuable from the area and place them in a spot that will be safe and out of the way. While most carpet cleaning companies are very careful about vetting their employees and checking their backgrounds, you can never be 100 percent sure that the people you’re letting into your home can be trusted not to steal something or accidentally break something fragile. It’s better to be overly cautious and remove these items from your living spaces, just in case.
- Move furniture: Some carpet cleaning companies might move some furniture for you, but there’s a chance you could get a discount by moving it yourself. Move the furniture to an area of your house where the carpet will not be cleaned to make the job easier on the cleaners.
- Take away smaller items: Pick up all smaller items in addition to the furniture, such as floor lamps, toys, shoes, clothing or other such items that are likely to be lying around your house. It can also help to pull up drapes and secure them away from the floor, or take hanging items off walls just in case they get bumped into.
- Determine your high-priority areas: Know which areas of your carpet need the cleaning the most. If there are stains, problem spots, high-traffic areas or areas frequented by your household pets, you should point these spots out to your cleaners so they know to address them appropriately.
For more information about how you can prepare for your next carpet cleaning appointment, contact our carpet store in Santa Cruz, CA today and we’ll happily answer your questions.
Categorised in: Carpeting
This post was written by Writer