If you’re planning to invest in new hardwood flooring for your home, you may have a number of questions about what the floors will look, feel and sound like once they’ve been installed. Because hardwood floors are such a popular and enduring flooring solution, it’s easy to know what to expect following a hardwood floor installation.
Ultimately, the way that your hardwood floor behaves after it’s been installed is largely dependent on the type of wood that you opted to invest in. While any type of hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA is a dependable investment, it’s important to discuss your individual needs with a hardwood flooring expert prior to making a purchase. A professional hardwood floor installer can help you determine which hardwood flooring solution is best suited for your home and lifestyle.
There are a number of things that you’ll likely want to know about prior to purchasing a new hardwood floor, including the following:
- Color changes: Over time, hardwood flooring will change color. Depending on the type of wood that you purchased, the flooring may become either darker or lighter, or it may acquire a slightly greenish tinge. Regular exposure to sunlight is likely to cause color changes more rapidly.
- Expect noises: Hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA expands and contracts with moisture and temperature changes. This means that you should expect to hear small groans, squeaks and cracks coming from your hardwood flooring after installation is complete.
- Know the difference between solid and engineered wood: Solid hardwood flooring is made from a single piece of wood; engineered flooring, on the other hand, consists of several pieces of wood pressed together over a high-density material. Engineered flooring is often more cost-effective, and it also offers better support and durability.
- You can refinish the floor: Regardless of whether you opt to install solid or engineered hardwood flooring in your home, you can always choose to refinish your floor. Depending on the type of flooring in your home, you may be able to refinish your flooring as many as 10 times before needing to replace it.
- Hardwood flooring needs to acclimate: Before installing solid hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA, it’s important to allow the flooring materials to acclimate to the temperature and humidity levels present in your home. The packaged flooring needs to be placed in your home for five to seven days prior to installation. Failure to do this could result in a warped floor. This is not necessary for engineered wood flooring.
Since 1971, the Wholesale House has been an affordable supplier of hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA. We’re proud to provide each and every one of our customers with dependable flooring supplies that they can count on to meet their individual needs. Our highly qualified service teams are able to offer professional advice and recommend the best hardwood flooring solutions for your home, lifestyle and budget. To learn more about our comprehensive hardwood flooring options, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Hardwood Flooring
This post was written by Writer