Questions to Ask at a Flooring Store in Santa Cruz, CA Before Making a PurchaseApril 11, 2019 2:04 am Leave your thoughts
If you’re interested in installing new flooring in your home, you will quickly find out that you have many different options available to you, so it is important for you to narrow down those options before you go out and pay a visit to a flooring store in Santa Cruz, CA. Here are just a few examples of some of the questions you should be asking yourself to help you more easily narrow down the choices you have:
- How will I be using the flooring? The way you use the flooring depends primarily on where it will be installed. If you’ll be putting the flooring on the ground level or in the basement, it’s going to be much more susceptible to moisture than in a second-floor area. A room that serves as an entry area to the home is going to see a lot more wear, tear and dirt than a bedroom or an upstairs hallway. If you know you need the floor to be able to support a wheelchair, you must select your flooring materials accordingly. These are just a few examples of some of the factors that you must consider regarding your anticipated usage of the floor.
- What’s the climate in your area? Hardwood floors, while a classic and durable option, can buckle or develop mold in some more humid environments, which is why tile tends to be even more popular in these types of areas.
- What types of flooring do I currently have? You’ll want to consider whether or not your new flooring will coordinate with the flooring you already have in place. While it is possible to create a complementary appearance with multiple types of materials, it takes some smart selection of the materials and colors you’ll use, as well as some strategic selection of your furniture and other décor to make sure nothing clashes horribly.
- How much maintenance am I willing to perform? Different types of flooring require different levels of maintenance. How much are you willing to do to keep your floor in good condition? Consider issues such as refinishing, steaming and cleaning. There are some floors that are significantly less maintenance-heavy than others, so if you don’t want to spend much time, money or effort maintaining your floors, you might want to focus on those options.
- Am I able to install it myself? Some homeowners prefer to install their own flooring because they can save a lot of money that way. However, there are some types of flooring that really should only be installed by professional contractors. If you’re not willing to pay a pro to come in and install your flooring for you, you should focus on flooring options that are easier for you to install yourself.
- Can I refinish my current floor? Sometimes it isn’t necessary to purchase a new floor if you can just refinish your old one and make it look brand new. If you have hardwood floors, you need to refinish them every now and then to keep them in great shape.
For more information about the questions you should ask yourself before purchasing flooring, contact The Wholesale House or pay a visit to our flooring store in Santa Cruz, CA today. We look forward to working with you.
Categorised in: Flooring Store
This post was written by Writer