The Benefits of Bamboo Flooring in Santa Cruz, CAJune 10, 2019 11:11 pm Leave your thoughts
More and more homeowners are choosing bamboo flooring in Santa Cruz, CA for their home remodeling projects, and it’s not hard to see why. There are a number of benefits associated with bamboo that make it an ideal choice for homeowners, especially in today’s more environmentally conscious age.
Here are a few examples of some of the biggest benefits of bamboo flooring:
- Environmentally friendly: We alluded to the environmentally friendly nature of bamboo in the introduction, but this is one of the biggest reasons why so many people are moving toward it. It is an entirely natural and renewable material, and it regenerates very quickly. Harvesting bamboo does not destroy the plant, and it regenerates to the point of being ready for harvesting again in just a few years. Compare this to trees, which die when harvested and need to be replanted/replaced. Plus, the harvesting process is very easy on the soil and non-disruptive to the surrounding environment.
- Affordability: Bamboo is very affordable compared to traditional hardwood floors, so you’ll be able to invest in an environmentally friendly type of flooring on a budget.
- Unique: Bamboo stalks have natural striations that give them a unique, attractive appearance that is unlike many other types of wood floors. However, it still has a classic enough appearance that it can be a timeless feature of your home—you won’t have to worry about it becoming outdated in 10 years.
- Durability: Bamboo is an extremely strong material. In fact, some forms of strand-woven bamboo have a hardness rating three times that of oak, which is itself a very durable wood. Many manufacturers give a 25-year warranty with bamboo floors, but with care you can expect them to last much, much longer than that, even in high-traffic areas of your home.
- Easy to install: Sure, you can hire a professional to come in and install your bamboo flooring for you. But if you’re the kind of person who likes to take these jobs on yourself, never fear—bamboo is very easy to install, especially if you use the floating floor method. Depending on the size of the area in which you’re installing the flooring, you may be able to get it done over a single weekend. You can also save a lot of money by installing it yourself, if you’re comfortable doing so.
- Moisture resistance: This goes along with the durability of bamboo, but it’s important to note that bamboo flooring is highly moisture resistant. As long as you don’t let water sit on top of the floor for a long time, you don’t have to worry about spills harming your floors like they would with other types of hardwood floors, which means it’s an especially beneficial option for kitchens and bathrooms. This also makes the floors very easy to clean.
For more information about the various benefits associated with bamboo flooring in Santa Cruz, CA, we encourage you to contact the team at The Wholesale House with any questions you have about this type of flooring.
Categorised in: Bamboo Flooring
This post was written by Writer