What to Know About Cork FlooringAugust 14, 2019 2:09 am Leave your thoughts
There are few things that are as beautiful and elegant in a home as natural flooring options. From bamboo to natural hardwood plank flooring, there’s no shortage of stunning natural materials to choose from when selecting a flooring option for your home or business.
One of the most unique and oft-overlooked types of flooring available is cork flooring in Santa Cruz, CA. Cork comes from the bark of the cork tree. It’s a highly distinctive naturally occurring substance—most people associate cork with either wine bottles or cork boards, but the material actually serves a wide range of commercial purposes, including as flooring.
At The Wholesale House, we’re proud to provide each of our residential and commercial clients with premium cork flooring solutions that can help make their homes and businesses stand out.
Here are just some facts to keep in mind if you’re considering cork flooring in Santa Cruz, CA for your space:
- Cork is cost-effective: Compared with most other flooring solutions, cork is exceptionally cost-effective. Cork can be priced as low as $1.10 per square foot, making it an ideal solution for many home and business owners. Cork is significantly more affordable than hardwood flooring, for example.
- Evens out uneven surfaces: It’s possible to install cork on uneven flooring surfaces, making it particularly valuable when working with an older building. Cork flooring may even help smooth out small irregularities underneath the floor.
- Perfect for retrofitting: There are few surfaces better suited for retrofitting an existing building than cork. Cork is cost-effective and insulating, which makes it exceptionally desirable when it comes to retrofitting older buildings that need new flooring installed.
- Naturally warm and soft: Cork is extremely pleasing to walk on. Naturally warm and soft, cork is comfortable and attractive throughout the year. If you’re looking for a comfortable flooring option that also looks great, cork may be right for you.
- Performs well under furniture: Because it’s naturally springy, cork doesn’t bear the same amount of damage under heavy furniture that other flooring materials might. This means you won’t have to worry about damage marks underneath your furniture when you move out or rearrange your room.
- Sound-absorbing: Cork isn’t just insulating—it also helps diminish sounds. This is ideal if you live in a noisy home and are trying to create a little peace and quiet. It’s also perfect for rooms that face a busy street or highway.
It’s important to note that while cork flooring in Santa Cruz, CA is desirable for a number of reasons, it isn’t the most durable flooring solution. If you have pets or children, a harder flooring type may be better suited to your needs.
Since 1971, The Wholesale House has been a trusted purveyor of cork flooring in Santa Cruz, CA. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality cork flooring solutions. If you’re looking for the perfect type of flooring to install at your commercial or residential property, consult with one of our friendly representatives today. We’d be more than happy to help you identify and select the best flooring solution for your specific needs.
Categorised in: Cork Flooring
This post was written by Writer