Hardwood floors were once the standard in home construction, but as people began to look for ways to save money when building homes, they started to be scrapped in favor of other, less expensive materials. However, they have once again come back into style, and it’s not hard to see why—there are plenty of benefits associated with hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA.
Here’s a quick overview of a few of these benefits for you to consider if you’re thinking about installing hardwood flooring in your home:
- Aesthetics: There’s no denying the aesthetic value of hardwood floors. Wooden floors look elegant, and bring a lot of warmth into a room in terms of the color tones. Plus, hardwood floors tend to make spaces look bigger.
- Financial value: The aesthetics of hardwood floors are one of the reasons why homes with hardwood floors tend to be more sought after. Buyers tend to pay more for homes with hardwood floors than with carpeting, because they’ll generally want to replace carpets, seeing them as a germ trap.
- Durability: Sure, hardwood floors can get dented or scratched, but they can always be refinished to look good as new. The wood itself should be able to last you for decades—long after the home was originally built and long after you are gone.
- Easy to clean: Hardwood floors are generally low maintenance—more so than carpet, which is easy to vacuum but harder to wash. You can sweep your floors, steam clean them or vacuum them to easily remove dirt or debris, and occasionally take greater efforts to more thoroughly clean them through scrubbing or mopping. It also can be nice to know that, unlike carpet, the wood floor is not going to harbor anything that could trigger your allergies or asthma, like pet dander or dust mites. Finally, wood is much more stain-resistant than carpet, so if something spills, it’s going to be easier for you to wipe it up.
- Air quality: As we previously mentioned, wood does not trap mites, dust or contaminants and allergens. This means having hardwood floors throughout your home instead of carpet can help you improve your air quality, which is especially important if you have anyone in your home who suffers from allergies.
- Cost effective: Sure, there is a larger initial expense associated with the installation of hardwood flooring. But that expense will more than pay for itself over time when you consider how long the flooring will last and how little you’ll need to spend on maintenance. While you may eventually need to refinish your floors, you won’t need to do this as frequently as you’d need to replace carpeting.
- Refinishing: Speaking of refinishing, there’s something to be said for having the ability to change the color and character of the finish without having to rip up the wood. Your remodeling becomes easier when you can eliminate the step where you’d have to rip up your flooring.
For more information about hardwood flooring in Santa Cruz, CA, contact The Wholesale House today.
Categorised in: Hardwood Flooring
This post was written by Writer