When you’re investigating new carpet options for your home, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer variety of materials you’ll be exposed to. Every type of carpet material has its own unique benefits (and drawbacks), but today we’re going to specifically focus on the benefits of selecting wool carpeting in Santa Cruz, CA.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the biggest benefits associated with wool carpeting to give you a sense of why so many people opt to use it in their homes:
- It’s natural: People these days are increasingly focused on using natural and organic products in their everyday lives, whether it be for food, cosmetics, skincare or even household flooring material. Wool is completely natural, made of some important amino acids and coming from sheep. This means there aren’t any concerns about strange toxins or other substances that you might find in synthetic carpet fibers.
- It’s environmentally friendly: Another important consideration for many customers in their shopping these days is the sustainability of the products they select. This is especially important for building and furnishing materials. Wool is a renewable resource, which greatly reduces its environmental impact. Sheep are shorn every nine to 12 months or so. Wool is also biodegradable in soil, producing important nutrients such as carbon dioxide, sulfur, nitrogen and water, all of which are crucial for plant life. All of this adds up to a much more environmentally friendly product than other types of carpeting, particularly synthetic carpeting.
- It’s surprisingly durable: Wool is a very durable type of material, even when used underfoot for carpeting. It is naturally resistant to staining and soiling, thanks to the series of overlapping scales that make up the structure of wool fibers in a manner almost resembling that of roofing shingles. This prevents dirt from sticking to the fibers, and in fact helps to push it away. Wool is also easy to clean, which makes for much better stain protection. And it is also highly resistant to being crushed (an important characteristic for carpeting to have), thanks to its naturally curly composition. In fact, wool is more crush resistant than any other type of natural fiber.
- It’s great for people with allergies: Wool is a naturally hypoallergenic substance. Unlike other types of carpet, it will not promote the growth and spread of bacteria and dust mites. This goes a long way toward helping people with allergies keep their symptoms in check and remain comfortable in their own homes.
- There are plenty of options: You can find wool in a wide variety of patterns and colors, giving you the ability to create the exact kind of look you want in any room of your home.
To learn more about the various reasons why wool carpeting in Santa Cruz, CA is so beneficial and popular, we encourage you to contact the experts at The Wholesale House today. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have and look forward to providing you with any further information you need.
Categorised in: Carpeting
This post was written by Writer