So, it’s time to replace all or some of the flooring in your house. You’ve had your eye on stone tile flooring and natural hardwood planks—both fantastic material options—but these products and installation services do not come cheap. Enter another option: vinyl flooring. Vinyl is an ever-popular flooring option, and it has been for decades. It mimics the look and feel of natural wood planks and wood tiles for a fraction of the cost. New vinyl floors hold strong against stains, scratches and other types of damage.
Take a look at all your options before choosing your new floors. If vinyl is on the table, read on—here are some of the top reasons why homeowners like you should consider installing vinyl flooring in their Santa Cruz, CA home:
- Durable: Vinyl is a fantastic product for your home’s flooring. This type of flooring can withstand a great deal of wear and tear and will last a long time. When properly installed, it is known to last an average of 20 years. Not only are vinyl floors durable in general, they also hold strong against moisture and scratch damage. You won’t have to worry much about furniture, kids or pets leaving marks on its surface.
- Water resistant: If you want a flooring product that is durable enough to be used in a kitchen or bathroom, take a walk through the vinyl flooring section at your local floor store. Vinyl is non-porous by nature, making it completely resistant to water and moisture damage.
- Functional: Homeowners looking for a long-lasting floor option that’s also highly functional should consider vinyl. Due to its ability to mimic stone and wood, you can play around with decorating and floor pattern options that are usually only common with the aforementioned products. Vinyl comes in a variety of colors and patterns, which allows floor designers to do a lot with floor spaces.
- Affordable: As you already know, vinyl is a long-lasting flooring option. But what you might not know is that it’s also considered one of the most affordable flooring options on the market—and not just in terms of material cost. Since you can do the installation yourself, you can also save money on labor. In some cases, vinyl can be installed directly over your old flooring, making it a quick installation job.
- Low maintenance: Cleaning vinyl floors is not a hard chore. This material is designed to be easy to sweep and mop, which makes for a quick cleaning job. No waxing or scrubbing is required, unlike with other flooring options.
- Comfortable: Standing on any floor for a long period of time can take a toll on your body, so if you spend a lot of time in any given room, then vinyl flooring may be the best choice for you. Vinyl provides a soft touch under your feet in comparison to traditional wood floors.
If it’s time to replace your old floors and you think vinyl just might be the material for you, call or visit The Wholesale House. We carry the best selection of vinyl flooring in Santa Cruz, CA!
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring
This post was written by Writer