Between all the different types of wood and carpeting, your flooring options are nearly unlimited these days. Though making a decision is tricky, a growing number of homeowners are opting for luxury vinyl.
What is luxury vinyl in Santa Cruz, CA? While it’s increasingly popular, there are still many people out there who don’t know about it. This post will help answer that question and teach you everything you need to know about luxury vinyl.
What is it?
Unlike standard vinyl flooring, luxury vinyl is durable flooring that offers the same look as hardwood or stone without the hefty price tag. In fact, you may be hard pressed to spot the difference between luxury vinyl and the real thing in some cases. Luxury vinyl can either come in planks (LVPs) that look like hardwood, or tiles (LVTs) that look like tile or stone.
What are the benefits?
On top of wanting to know what luxury vinyl is, buyers in Santa Cruz, CA need to know about its benefits. Besides looking and feeling just like hardwood or stone, these are a few of the other benefits of luxury vinyl:
- Affordable: You don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get great-looking floors, and luxury vinyl is the proof. With professional installation, LVPs cost about $5 per square foot. Compare that to the cost of hardwood, at over $8 per square foot, and you can see the savings really pile up!
- Durable: Although it’s not impervious to all types of damage, luxury vinyl is still an incredibly durable flooring option. It’s a fantastic option for families with pets or children, as it won’t get scratched up. Luxury vinyl is also waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about those spills like you would with hardwood.
- Easy to install: Whether you choose LVPs or LVTs, you can install your luxury vinyl floors by yourself. The flooring is easy to cut and snaps in place, so there’s no need to bind it to the subfloor. With a little bit of help, you could refloor your entire home in as little as one day.
- Low maintenance: Hardwood flooring looks great, but that fantastic appearance may require polishing, and only special cleaners should be used on the floors. Luxury vinyl, on the other hand, can be cleaned with any traditional flooring cleaner, wet mopped, swept and vacuumed with ease.
- Versatile: Whether you want luxury vinyl in your kitchen, bathroom, living room or bedroom, you can do it. Since it’s so durable and comes in a variety of styles, luxury vinyl can go anywhere in the house.
- Comfortable: You would never call standard vinyl flooring comfortable under your foot, as there isn’t anything between that and the subfloor. Luxury vinyl, however, is somewhat cushioned. Walking around barefoot on your luxury vinyl floors is about as comfortable as it gets.
Now that you know what luxury vinyl is, it’s time to see some for yourself in Santa Cruz, CA. Come to The Wholesale House to check out our huge selection of luxury vinyl, as well as hardwood, carpeting, laminate and more.
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring
This post was written by Writer